This soup doesn’t take long to prepare, (15-20 minutes) and requires a few staple ingredients. So next time you need some quick and soothing soup, you know what to make.
Let’s get started.
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Red lentils (masoor dal) 250 gm
- Onion chopped 70 gm
- Leeks chopped 20gm
- Carrot chopped 20gm
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Take oil in a small pan or wok (kadai).
- If the lentils are clean then it is advised not to wash or else, soak and rinse the lentils and drain most of the water.
- Sauté onion, lentils, leeks, carrots and turmeric till glassy.
- Heat water in a separate pan and mix all together for boiling till lentil is cooked.
- Blend/grind the mixture till smooth.
- Strain the puree and again set to boil to attain a creamy and semi-thick consistency.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot with chop parsley (or chopped spring onion) on top, lemon wedges and crisp pita bread. You can drizzle some cream too.