Pasta is all time favorite for any one, be it kids or adults. Suddenly you need to make some pasta for the kids or visiting guests, here is a very easy recipe to toss up some great pasta dish and win hearts.
1 lb Any Pasta (we took penne)
20 oz Chicken Sausage
1.5 oz Vegetable oil
20 oz Tomato Sauce (recipe beneath)
10 oz Green peas (option of small cut other vegetables)
5 oz Parmesan Cheese (or any cheddar cheese from market), grated or shaved
METHODS OF PREPARATION
1. Cook pasta in lightly salted water until al dente
2. Remove casing of chicken sausage and sauté in hot skillet with oil
3. Keep stirring to break up large pieces
4. Add tomato sauce and bring to simmer for 1-2 minutes
5. Add pre-heated pasta and English peas to sauce
6. Add half of the cheese and gently toss with pasta and sauce
7. Arrange on plate and garnish with remaining cheese
TOMATO SAUCE ( TOMATO CONCASSE)
08 medium size tomatoes
03 tbsp olive oil
03 tbsp finely chopped garlic
01 medium onions, finely chopped
Salt to taste
01 tsp diced mixed herbs
01 tsp crushed black peppers
1. You will need a large pan of boiling water on the gas and some ice which is essential for you to cool the tomatoes down as quickly as possible as you don’t want to cook them.
2. Using a sharp knife, make a cross on the top of the tomatoes and then take out the cores (black eyes).
3. Place them in the boiling water for no more than 20/30 seconds or as soon as you see the skin start peeling remove the tomatoes from the pan and plunge them into the bowl of icy water.
4.It will then be easy to remove the skins – also take out the pips (inside pulp) and dry off the tomatoes on a kitchen towel.
5. Then you just cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
6. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and saute till you can smell the fragrance.
7. Add onion, saute till light pink.
8. Add chopped tomatoes, mix and cook for 6-8 minutes.
9. Add salt, herbs and crushed peppercorns and mix well.
10. Your tomato sauce or tomato concasse is ready. You can keep it in fridge and use when need.