The most popular vegetarian kabab of North India, you can find this in every restaurant’s menu card is the Hara Bhara Kebab, interestingly made with the humble spinach. Most places this kebab is deep fried but i prefer them to be shallow fried which retains the green colour and also keep it healthy. The panner used can be the trimmings after using the main paneer block to cook main course after you cut them into neat dices.
3 medium sized potatoes boiled
100 gms paneer (trimmings)
1 bunch of fresh Spinach boiled
1/2 cup chopped Methi Leaves
2 inch Ginger chopped
6 Green Chilies chopped
2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 Medium Onion chopped finely
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 Tbsp of Corn flour / roasted chana powder
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Boil spinach and methi leaves together, remove excess water and keep it aside.
- Add corn flour to water and make a thin batter (the batter should be very thin)
- Mix and mash together the potatoes, paneer, spinach and methi.
- With this add all the rest of the ingredients and mix again.
- Add corn flour or roasted chana dal powder as required.
- Make small oval shaped patties.
- Pan fry in a (non-stick) frying pan or tawa.
- Remove and serve with tomato ketchup.