Food …this very word brings to your mind images of what not! Remember the first time you tasted solid Food! Wish we could! but our moms could see the eagerness and happiness on our faces whenever delicious dishes crossed our path or was served to the guests in the house. Well nothing has changed much and we still ogle at lip smacking dishes.
Over the years food has undergone a great transformation .Now we kind of mix and match or do some combo recipes and try to invent something new which would tickle our taste buds . Our tongues are bored of old tastes and craves for something different. Who would have thought twenty years back that eggs could be cooked in so many ways and could have so many interesting names! Egg- in- a- basket, baked-egg- in -a -hole, son-in-law eggs ! Crazy as they might sound but they could leave someone crazy wanting for more. Just think of a simple French Toast nothing but a dish made of bread soaked in eggs whisked with milk then fried could bring a smile on your lips .Even this one has interesting names eggy bread,Bombay toast, German toast,gypsy toast,poor knights (of Windsor)and Torrija.
Talking about eggs can chicken be left far behind! Heinous crime isn’t it! Chicken in any form can uplift our mood at least that is what some people vouch for. If there is nothing much at home but a few pieces..you can fry and toss it with some veggies and sprinkle some herbs and pepper and serve it with a dash of some tangy sauce . Ever wondered how does KFC pull so many people serving recipes made only from chicken ! You can try this if you wish to try your hands at it in a homely affair .
- Paprika 1 tbsp
- Onion salt 2 tsp
- Chili powder 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Celery salt 1/2 tsp
- Dried sage 1/2 tsp
- Garlic powder 1/2 tsp
- Ground allspice 1/2 tsp
- Dried oregano 1/2 tsp
- Marjoram 1/2 tsp
- Chicken 1 kg
- Flour 600 gm
- Egg 2 (only egg white)
- Thoroughly mix 1 tbsp paprika 2 tsp onion salt
- Preheat fryer to 350°F.
- Combine spice mix with flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them, then transfer to flour mixture. Turn a few times and make sure the flour mix is really stuck to the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Fry chicken in batches. Breasts and wings should take 12-14 minutes, and legs and thighs will need a few more minutes.
- When chicken pieces are done, let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer.
- Serve hot.