Its Monsoon time and i love rains. I am an avid biker who loves to go for long drives and rides in the rains, sit by some small, not very fancy shop to drink “Irani chai” or “freshly grilled corn-on-the-cob”. So I thought to show how we make corn-on-the-cob in hotels and serve the same in various presentable ways.
The above method is a char-grilled method of cooking the corn from the raw stage. The corn is slowly cooked on charcoal till fully cooked and then a mixture of spices is rubbed on it with a dash of lemon.
- Corn-on-the-cob 01
- Butter 1 tbst
- Water 1 litre
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Rock salt 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Coriander chop 1/2 tsp
- Take the whole corn and peel the leaves.
- Cut into small 4 inch sizes
- Boil in water with salt (1/2 tsp) for about 15 minutes.
- Take out from water and dry it.
- In a pan add some butter, lemon juice, chaat masala and rock salt.
- Put the corn in the pan and saute it well till the mixture is dry and stick to the corn. Sprinkle some coriander on it.
- Pierce cocktail stick/ small bamboo stick in the centre of the corn and make them sit.
- Serve them with an extra wedge of lime.
Note: The corn should be cooked fast and do not leave it to sit in the boiling water for long. Fresh corn is at its best when it is very milky inside. If overcooked, it will dry out quickly.