Breakfast ahoy !
The breakfast chefs shout out to the waiters in the coffee shop. I sit by the upper deck of the coffee shop, drawn by the aroma of the sweet breads, a perfect accompaniment to steaming hot coffee served on the table beside me felt an urge to ask for the same order to be served on my table too. A common human nature! Can’t help, but came to my table was complete bliss, perfectly baked fresh chocolate brioche buns and a large cup of cappuccino. Have it with jam or just on its own and sip the coffee idly. Do read or listen to music and spend this quality “my time” which we ignore most times. It helps me to introspect, resurrect life!
The recipe is simple and can be prepared at home. The bread can be prepared in advance and in the morning, before you need to serve, just put a wet towel over the bread and warm the bread with the towel put over in a oven for 5-10 mins at 220C.
- Flour- 1000 gm
- Sugar- 150 gm
- Salt- 20 gm
- Gluten- 10 gm
- Improver- 10 gm
- Yeast- 40 gm
- Water- 450- 500 ml
- Butter- 200 gm
- Raisins- 100 gm
- Chocolate chips- 150 gm
- Put the flour, sugar, salt, butter, yeast, gluten, improver and water together in a dough mixer and mix till a smooth dough is formed.
- Take the dough out and sift in on a lightly floured table.
- Put the raisin and chocolate chip together on to of it.
- Roll the dough now width wise.
- Cut the roll into pieces of a inch long and open it layer wise.
- Put the rolls in a brioche or muffin tray and leave in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 210- 230 degrees of temperature.
- When the sizes of the roll doubles put it for baking for about 15 minutes but before don’t forget put egg wash on top of it.
- Serve warm or cold.